Finance and Administration
To provide administrative support to the activities of the Ministry of Local Government and to coordinate, guide and harmonize its policy, planning and budgeting functions.
- Prepare and make submissions for recruitment of staff.
- Arrange and execute training programmes for Ministry staff.
- Formulate and review human resource development policies.
- Provide and manage transport facilities and other logistics.
- Provide for the Ministry’s utilities and consumables.
- Negotiate contracts and procure services for the Ministry.
- Acquire, manage and account for the finances of the Ministry.
- Coordinate the policy, planning and budgeting functions of the Ministry.
Performance in FY 2011/12
i) Ministry’s quarterly performance reports for FY 2011/12 were produced;
ii) Ministry's annual budget estimates for FY 202/13 were finalized and
iii) Coordination meetings with CAOs and follow-up of performance agreements
iv) Ministry’s utilities were provided, vehicles maintained and rent paid;
v) Ministry Staff were inducted and support supervision to LGs conducted;
vi) 4 internal audit reports were prepared;
vii)16 LGs were supported to link their development plans and budgets to the
viii) 33 LGs were supported in the use of MIS.