Markets and Agriculture Trade Improvement Project (MATIP)
MATIP contributes to the agricultural Chapter of the NDP specifically towards improved market access and infrastructure development.
- To contribute to poverty reduction and economic growth in Uganda through enhanced marketing of Agricultural produce and other merchandise
- To create opportunities for people to generate and/or raise their incomes
- To create additional working space and improved working conditions in selected markets by providing better structures, proper access, proper drainage, water, electricity and general amenities
- To reduce street vending and illegal markets, which have caused many roads in the city being blocked almost half way and causing traffic jam
- To increase revenue collection by urban councils
- To reduce solid waste management by illegal markets and street vendors, which usually cause blockage of road drains and make maintenance expensive.